Our Henna Recipe
Henna Powder (Pure fine ground Henna Leaves, Lawsonia inermis) BUY HERE
Lavender Oil ( 100% Pure Essential Oil of Lavender, Lavandula angustifolia ) BUY HERE
Lemon Juice (Fresh squeezed)
If you don't have all the above ingredients you can substitute with the following options:
- Lavender Oil - Tea Tree Oil, Cajeput Oil or Eucalyptus Oil
- Fructose - Everyday table sugar works fine, Dexstrose, Molasses, Brown Sugar. DO NOT USE HONEY
- Lemon Juice -Bottled Lemon Juice, Plain water, Brewed Tea, Apple Juice
METHOD: (Video coming soon)
This recipe will use 100g Powder, adjust according to quantities you wish to prepare. 100g powder makes just under 400g paste.
- In a large bowl combine Henna Powder and 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Add half a cup of Lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of Lavender Oil (30ml)
- Mix together adding enough water to make a thick mashed potato consistency
- Stir Stir Stir!
- Slowly add more water (carefully, in small amounts) while stirring to reach a toothpaste like consistency
- stir stir stir till it appears creamy
- cover with cling film and leave to sit somewhere moderately warm ( around 25C) and leave for 12 hours
This allows DYE RELEASE TO OCCUR. NB if it is warmer then the paste will be ready earlier, colder, later.
- Test your paste by putting a small spot on your palm and waiting 5 minutes. Remove the paste, do you have a bright orange stain? Then the paste is ready. If not leave to sit for a couple more hours.
- Mix throughly
- Your paste is ready to cone up! (Video showing this coming soon)
- STORE YOUR PASTE IN THE FREEZER for up to 6 months, Fridge for 1 week to ensure it is at its best when you are ready to use it.